Friday, August 12, 2011

Do you suggest the Specialized Crux for me?

I'm getting ready to get a new bike for commuting and the occasional leisure ride.The longest bike ride i can think of will be pushing 50 miles anything more and i understand i should get a full fledged road bike, but the daily ride will be roughly 10 to 15 miles a day. I need the bike to be okay on dirt roads and be durable which is why i'm thinking a CX bike should work. (am i wrong?). I already have an epic or i would invest in a new hard tail for commuting.(i can't justify 2 mtb) Other details that may matter. with a pack i'm roughly 230lbs (will the frame and stock wheels be able to handle commuting?) I don't plan to curb jump when im on the roads i stick to the roads i understand the wheels on the crux couldn't handle that. any advice would be great or if you have advice for another bike that would fit my needs better would be a great help.

No comments:

Post a Comment