Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Is running 12 miles everyday ok?

I've been running for 12 years now. I ran 5 miles a day for 6 days for 10 years, then in 11th year, on top of the 5 miles, 6 days a week I would throw in an occasional 11 miles 2x a month. My 12th year of running, I've ran 10, 14,15 miles 5 days a week, mixing it up. I only began eating raw, organic, vegan in my 12th year & now run 12 miles a day for 6 days a week on top of additional 12 mile MTB rides 2-3x's a week with occasional 32 mile MTB rides (2x's a month on average) & average 4-6 hours on the elliptical a week. My calorie consumption is average of 900 a day of quality whole foods. My average consumption of fat is at 10% & below, carbs 70%, protein is at 15-25%. If I continue on this path will my body be ok? I'm 5'4", weight average 110. I'm told over time my body, joints, organs will go to sh**. Is this true? My goal is to be lean, healthy not anorexic. I take organic supplements galore, wheatgrass, superfoods, acai, pomegranate, multi, RAW protein. I eat lots of grapefruits too. Drink lemon every morning. (A little scared because I'm told the citrus will ruin my esophagus. Oh & running speed is 7-9 min miles & MTB are moderate to hard core inclines. My lady days are normal too. I seem/feel fine. But concerned of my future joints/organs. I did have a problem with ITBS, but I learned to stretch that area better. Can I continue my lifestyle this way with no physical problems? And I'm 34 if that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment